Published on May 16, 2013 | by Jenny Long0
Nail Art: Tropical Summer Ombré@jnylng
Nail art has become one of the biggest beauty trends of this decade, with brands like Ciate and Nails Inc creating nail art products that allow you to do it yourself.
Nail art is no longer just a lick of paint, it’s combinations of colours, glitter, studs and little drawings.
Instead of one bright colour for your nails this summer, why not try two or three?
Follow our simple nail art tutorial for a gradient design and get your nails ready for summer.
You will need:
One make-up sponge
Three different colour nail varnishes
Base and top coat
A small piece of tin foil
One cocktail stick
1. Start by removing any polish from your nails with nail polish remover and use a clear base coat to protect your natural nails.
2. Using a bright colour, paint a base coat on each nail and leave to dry.
3. With the first two colours, paint a stripe of each polish next to each other onto some foil.
4. Using a cocktail stick or something similar, mix some of the polish together in the middle.
5. Quickly dab the sponge onto the polish, then dab the sponge half way down your nail to create the gradient.
6. Repeat step 3 and 4 with the second and third colour. Repeat these steps as much as you need to, to create a brighter gradient.
7. Dip a cotton bud into some nail polish remover and clean up around the nail. Then seal your design with a clear top coat.
Video producer: Jacob Hughes